About the program
This honor, given out by the Georgia Southern University Alumni Association, recognizes young alumni that are leading the way in business, leadership, community, educational and/or philanthropic endeavors. The forty will be chosen by a selection committee based on their professional expertise and achievements, as well as dedication to charitable and community initiatives.
2014 Awards Luncheon
September 26, 2014
Thank you for your interest in nominating a Georgia Southern University graduate for the Alumni Association’s 40 under 40 program. Please review the award requirements and criteria before submitting your nomination.
Nominations are open as of Monday, March 31, 2014, will close on Friday, May 9, and must be submitted by someone other than the nominee. Please consider asking fellow alumni, employers or community leaders to nominate deserving alumni who are not members of the nominee’s immediate family.
Requirements of Honorees:
- Must be a Georgia Southern graduate (undergraduate or graduate degree)
- Must be under 40 by September 1, 2014
- Must be willing to submit a photo, if selected, to be published by the Georgia Southern University Alumni Association, Office of Marketing & Communications, and various Schools and Colleges as appropriate.
Criteria for Honorees:
- Must aspire to uphold the core values of Georgia Southern University of integrity, civility, kindness, collaboration, and a commitment to lifelong learning, wellness, and social responsibility.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to maintaining a lifelong relationship with Georgia Southern University.
- Must have made an impact in business, research, artistic, leadership, community, educational, and/or philanthropic endeavors.
||Nominees contacted for additional information
||Nominee deadline to submit additional information
||Selection Committee deadline
||Nominees notified by email (all nominees will be contacted)
||40 under 40 Awards Luncheon